Sunday, August 27, 2006

$300 a book

I've been finalizing my Vol. I 'Joys of Organic Cooking' second edition. Anyone who has never written a cookbook cannot understand the time involved. The page numbering is not transferring over properly. The table of contents needed to be done separately. Plus, I had to manually compose the index. I had to coordinate the pages with recipes. On and on....
The software I use is good for recipe input, but doesn't transfer over into a cookbook well. I need to switch to PDF. My files won't transfer for some reason. Why? Why can't I just push a button and have everything done? It's supposed to be easier than this, according to the directions.
My cookbook series has been selling via hard copy. It's so time consuming to switch everything over for online selling. Murphy's Law follows me everywhere.
Life in a cookbook author's life. For all the time involved, I should charge $300 a book. Wonder if they'd sell. :)

No comments: