Saturday, July 09, 2011

Enjoy Mac & Cheese...the Super Easy and Cheap Way!

Recently, a potluck was coming up and I was searching for a recipe to share with others. I saw some Ramen noodle soup packets hanging around, and was curious a to what I could make other than soup.

So, I got online and did some searching. Turns out that Ramen noodles can be made into a tasty and cheap version of macaroni and cheese. The dish was a hit at the potluck. Here's my version:

Serves 5-10
3 packages Ramen noodles, broken apart
2 T goat cheese, crumbled
¼ c freshly grated white cheddar
2 T low fat milk
Seasoning: ¼ t garlic powder,
1/8 t Italian seasoning
1 packet Ramen soup seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste.

Boil noodles for two minutes. Drain.
Return noodles to cooking pot and add remaining ingredients. Stir thoroughly until cheese melts.
Add more cheese and/or seasonings to suit taste.

Find interesting? Kindly share...










No comments: