Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Throwing a Cheese Tasting Party

Ever gone to the grocery store and been mesmerized by all the varieties of cheese? I know I have. And, I'm not a big cheese eater. So, the thought of buying a slab of cheese just didn't appeal to me. I started checking with some friends about my dilemma of wanting to experiment with cheeses, but not buy so much. And, the idea came up...

A cheese tasting party! It was a small gathering of six of us. Each one brought some cheese they were unfamiliar with. I also asked each friend to bring some background info about the cheese such as its origin to make it more interesting.

What a blast! With only six of us there, there were a total of 10 cheeses. Some stores offer cheese platters with chunks of cheeses from various regions of the world. One friend brought a platter full of French cheeses. How nice.

I supplied hot tea and water, plus some white wine was available for those so desiring. Crackers and bread also made the serving buffet.

The next day, and three days later...I am cheesed out. :) The party was a blast and I'm confident if others decided to have one, the same results would be achieved.

Go for it! You may be surprised how palatable and versatile cheese can be. :)
Plus, it's easy on the budget. :)


Find interesting? Kindly share..










No comments: