Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Best Natural Pain Med

Having recently undergone a total knee replacement, I have had my fill of 'pain meds'. None work that well. There is one method, however, that is surprisingly great. It is all-natural, cheap, and convenient. In fact, it can be found in everyone's freezer.

This effective pain reliever is known as ice. Plain and simple ice. I was really surprised when the doctor mentioned that the best way to alleviate pain was with ice. I like that. All the other pain meds had awful side effects like nausea and breathing difficulties. :(

Ice has no side effects, of course. The only drawback is the fact it can be cumbersome to fill up an ice bag every two hours. Those large ice gel packs are real nice, however.

The cheapest way, I find, is to simply fill a gallon size plastic with ice. Wrap the plastic bagin a towel to keep your clothes from getting wet. When the ice melts, simply replace it with a fresh pack.

No comments: